I’ve baked this banana bread a zillion times over the years and it always turns out perfect. It’s delicious with or without nuts and with or without chocolate chips. I like to top a slice with butter and nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. My mouth is watering!
Sour Cream and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup very ripe mashed bananas (about two bananas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one large loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and then the vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients, then bananas, nuts, chocolate chips, and sour cream.
- Mix to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean)
Let it rest in the pan until cool enough to touch. Then remove it from the pan and enjoy.
*This recipe was originally published on Food.com by Charishma Ramchandani